Ready to decorate? Here are some tips for helping you achieve a mid-century modern aesthetic in your own home.
1. Use a bold interior color palette – choose two or three bright colors for emphasis, then accent with whites and natural textures.
2. Hang up a vintage, or vintage-inspired, wall clock – the Sunburst clock by George Nelson was especially popular during the 1950s and 1960s.
3. Discover sleek accessories and furniture – such as a trio of hour-glass shaped vases, a cylindrical ceiling light, or a low-profile bed.
3. Shop Ikea – and other stores that offer affordable furniture and home accessories in the simplicity of Scandinavian style.
4. Let the sunshine in – mid-century modern homes were often built with expansive panes of glass. Update your window coverings, opting for something light and airy to brighten your home.